Please send resumes to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour depending on experience
The Residential Support Manager is a pivotal component in the support services provided at the Short Creek Dream Center which is a Christian faith-based licensed residential support facility set up for women and children in Southern Utah. The primary focus is the execution of a life skills program geared towards mothers and children who are coming out of crisis situations, as well as oversee the supervision of support staff, residential aides and female residents, ensuring a safe and supportive environment.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly motivated, energetic, strength-based, observant, and mindful of timelines for reporting and program scheduling. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is needed to remain in compliance with policies and procedures, while also remaining aware of the environment and attuned to resident’s needs. The ability to identify precursors in behaviors and the environment and engage in de-escalation in a calm manner is essential. Primarily working with women and children who have suffered complex trauma.
* Background Check Cleared of any criminal offenses that would disqualify employment
* Fingerprint clearance
* CPR Certification
* Minimum Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Child Education
* Documentation of clearance from communicable diseases (Tuberculosis- updated annually)
* Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
* Knowledge or training in ACE’s or trauma informed care a plus
* Minimum age requirement of 21 years old
* Maintain confidentiality standards
* 1 year experience working in recovery/rehab or women’s shelter
* Experience with counseling, LMFT and/or clinical knowledge
Strong written and verbal communication skills and an understanding and implementation of professional and personal boundaries.
Ability to identify, address and resolve issues based on reasonable judgement, collection gathering and team member partnership while adhering to Short Creek Dream Center policy and procedures. Sound judgement needs to be demonstrated in situations that may arise to ensure safety of residents/clients.